As a reminder, we keep the price of the scriptures as low as Amazon will allow, but they insist that a royalty be made/paid on every book. We cannot refuse it. Since the statement doesn't give a total, it is $6,436.72.
No funds have ever been removed from the account. That will change shortly. Some funds will be used to purchase sample scriptures from the finalist publishers being considered for the printing of the leather-bound scriptures. We anticipate only 3-4 samples need to be purchased in total, meaning we anticipate spending less than $400.
Regarding the final specs for the leather-bound sets, here is our list that has been sent out in each Request for Quote:
- 6" x 9" page size
- Rounded corners
- 900-1200 Pages Per Inch biblestock paper (36-45 gsm)
- 100% cotton, archive quality paper
- Archive quality ink
- Guilded page edges
- Smythe-sewn binding with silk thread
- 48-64 page signatures
- 2 bookmark ribbons per volume
- Lambskin or goat skin leather cover
- Tooled lettering on cover spine only